National casting for the dubbing of the series Sex and the City in Belarusian
“Sex and the City” is an HBO iconic series, one of the most popular movies of the nineties. In 2019 the series became available in the media library of the VOKA video service. Organizers decided to translate the series into Belarussian. To make the launch of the national dubbing version as vivid as possible, it was decided to hold a competition for “folk” dubbing of the first episode of the series.
- Attracting the potential audience and media to take part in activities
- Promotion of the Belarusian language and culture in accordance with the A1 corporate social responsibility strategy
On the occasion of Valentine's Day, VOKA congratulated journalists with a "press valentine" on the announcement of the dubbing competition. On the morning of February 14, journalists from 280 publications from 104 cities in the country received "declarations of love."
Due to the large amount of applications from regions of Belarus there was a need for close cooperation with the regional media. The regional journalists were given the additional opportunity to prepare exclusive materials with participants of the casting. The result of such interaction was the publications in large regional media, including materials about Lesya Livkovich from Mozyr, who became the winner of the competition. All regional media wrote about it.
To maintain the interest among the potential audience of the series, some materials with the cooperation of the popular editions were published. These publications were on the topic of the casting: the online magazine KYKY.org and the newspaper Antenna prepared articles about the casting, including small interviews with participants.
After having chosen the six winners, a report about the dubbing of the first episode of the series was published by the Citydog.by city magazine.
The themed photo shot of the project participants in the images of the characters dubbed by them helped to attract attention to the release of series “Sex and the City” in Belarussian. After photo shot themed material was published on lady.tut.by.
The project was also supported by radio and TV. Live broadcasts from the casting, reports about dubbing became part of the broadcasts of Unistar radio and Gomel City Radio, STV and Mozyr TV channels.
At the final of the project organizers throw a Manhattan party. Participants in the dubbing, casting finalists, opinion leaders and media representatives were invited to the stylized show. On the same day there was news about the appearance of the series on the VOKA video service.
- 417 applications from 36 cities were submitted for participation in the competition, including Warsaw, Cologne, Paris and St. Petersburg.
- A total of 520 publications were published on the project: 213 publications in 103 media outlets throughout Belarus, half of which are publications in regional media, and 307 publications in 87 the social publics.
- 22 opinion leaders took part in the coverage of the project’s activities.
- The result of the project in the form of a mini-show was the active involvement of the potential audience of the brand.